BOPA is an established and successful community based organisation working on behalf of older people in the Bradford District.
- To actively work to support and speak out for all older people's voluntary and community groups in the Bradford District.
- To challenge negative views of older people
- Influence and support changes to bring positive outcomes for the over 50's
Always informed by the need and experiences of older people, we:
- Are inclusive, making sure we reach out to and involve older people from every group and community
- Always act with integrity and treat everyone with respect, dignity and fairness
- Advocate for the rights of older people
- To actively represent our member's issues, views and concerns to influence Bradford Metropolitan District Council who have the power to change things for the better
- To engage and empower our voluntary/community groups to have a stronger collective voice for the over 50's in the Bradford District
- BOPA will support our member groups to have access to a wide range of information on older people'sservices across the Bradford District
- To offer voluntary and community older people's groups/organisations a collective voice at Bradford's Strategic Older People's Partnership Board and Action Groups
Bringing older people's groups together to be part of a collective voice